[EMS Discuss] 1010 Grant Space

EMAIL HIDDEN EMAIL HIDDEN
Thu Sep 12 14:35:16 PDT 2013

Welll, since you asked, I'm not absolutely thrilled.  I really dislike that there are residences so nearby, but
perhaps that's just a potential issue.  Currently, maybe we don't make a lot of noise all the time, but if we pick up
more wood/metalworking members that could change.  I'd like to do a quiet evening chop saw test with the neighbors
present.

I don't like that you can't pull a vehicle inside.  That's on my list of good features for a new space.  That option
has only been used at the current space a couple of times that I know of, but it's nice.  Of course the current space
is kind of constricted around the bay door.  If it were easier, it might happen more.

I get a slightly iffy feeling about security.  Perhaps I'm being a bit paranoid.

The fact that we can change it around is good, but that the space is so chopped up that we almost have to is bad.  I
think every wall has electricity (a good thing), but that means even just ripping one out might require an
electrician, possibly, if only for liability reasons.  I heard a lot of enthusiasm for renovation, but moving will
mean we have zero cash for a good long while.

And I agree, we definitely need to know if it will remain up for sale.

Just my two cents worth.  I'm not totally against it, but W. 7th. still edges it out for me.  Myself, I like the open
floor plan and the fact that it comes looking nice.

-Darrell