[EMS Discuss] Laser 3D printer $120 on kickstarter.

Rick Osgood EMAIL HIDDEN
Mon Sep 23 08:43:11 PDT 2013

This thing is really interesting.  I like his outside of the box thinking.
 I've seen resin printers before but it's also cool how he's using the
sound card on the computer to send the signals so he doesn't need
microcontrollers in the printer itself.  I also think the drip system is
neat, although I have to wonder how finicky it will be to setup.  I imagine
the resin takes a certain amount of time to cure under the laser so if the
drip feed is going to fast, the laser would have to move faster to keep up.
 I'm also curious if using the sound card might cause some issues with
interference.  He's essentially sending analog signals back and forth which
may cause problems if the audio cables used aren't shielded properly and
there's a lot of EM interference.