[EMS Discuss] Laser 3D printer $120 on kickstarter.

Kassie EMAIL HIDDEN
Mon Sep 23 11:24:09 PDT 2013

Rick, those were my first concerns.  Few more that I had were dimensional stability on x and y.  If you turn up the volume do you increase size?  Changes in size, as you print long the cord might heat up and change the electrical resistance and volume.  Since z is alway increasing all the layers will be sloped.  Longer (time) layers will be thicker at the end of the layer then the start. Creating identical prints.  The sound reproducing abilities of you internal sound card.  Temperature of the printer changing resistances.  Lastly what if you shake the table.  I can see that vibration going straight to the mirrors and the vibration riding on every move.

This is an analog printer in every way, aside that a computer is doing the slicing and developing a soundalike, playing the file is an ac to dc process. I think it's going to create some interesting software issue to do it right (like accounting for z size being dependent on a layers print time).  Should be fun!

Kassie
Sent from my iPhone