[EMS Discuss] Laser 3D printer $120 on kickstarter.

Ben Hallert EMAIL HIDDEN
Mon Sep 23 12:02:52 PDT 2013

Very interesting!  I wonder if it would be feasible to calibrate using a
webcam that's facing the surface.  Set up the camera, define a couple of
known distances and then process the capture stream to verify that the
laser is going where it expects them to.  Perhaps a close-loop feedback
system like this could give it repeatability without the variations due to
temperature, air density, volume, etc that Kass rightfully pointed out.

Ben

- Ben