[EMS Discuss] Laser 3D printer $120 on kickstarter.

Craig Godwin EMAIL HIDDEN
Mon Sep 23 13:12:39 PDT 2013

I was considering making a laser printer myself, since the cost is much
cheaper than a filament type 3D printer.  I already have a CNC machine
and I wanted to add a print head.   Using a laser/stereo lithography
setup, I could get that done for as little as $15.  On the other hand,
adding an extruder, heated bed, stepper driver and controllers could be
well north of $100.

The big catch was I was looking at UV curing resins at $230-$300 per
liter.  That immediately negates the hardware savings.  But this guy
seems to have solved that by finding a resin supplier at $45 a liter.
That is a game changer right there.

Craig