[EMS Discuss] raspberry pi video conundrum

Weston Turner EMAIL HIDDEN
Tue Sep 24 21:32:32 PDT 2013

Cord, FYI, you don't need a display to set up Linux on the Pi. This is
called a headless install. Also, once it is up and running you can interact
with it via the serial debug port with a simple terminal emulator program
from most any PC (no network required), but after all, Linux is more fun
when you have a network :).

Here are some links to get you going:

Raspberry PI headless installation:
http://forgetfulprogrammer.wordpress.com/2013/06/03/raspberry-pi-headless-installation/

Headless Raspbian Installation:
http://www.tristancollins.me/computing/headless-raspbian-installation/

Installing OS - headlessly (no display device):
http://www.raspberrypi.org/phpBB3/viewtopic.php?f=63&t=52992

RPi Serial Connection:
http://elinux.org/RPi_Serial_Connection#Linux_terminal_set_up

Also, this site: http://elinux.org/RPi_Hub

Has lots of good embedded Linux information for the Pi.

Best Regards,
Weston