[EMS Discuss] raspberry pi video conundrum

Weston Turner EMAIL HIDDEN
Tue Sep 24 21:32:32 PDT 2013

Cord, FYI, you don't need a display to set up Linux on the Pi. This is
called a headless install. Also, once it is up and running you can interact
with it via the serial debug port with a simple terminal emulator program
from most any PC (no network required), but after all, Linux is more fun
when you have a network :).

Here are some links to get you going:

Raspberry PI headless installation:

Headless Raspbian Installation:

Installing OS - headlessly (no display device):

RPi Serial Connection:

Also, this site: http://elinux.org/RPi_Hub

Has lots of good embedded Linux information for the Pi.

Best Regards,