[EMS Discuss] Website update progress

Marie Slatton-Valle sparkleglitterglow at gmail.com
Mon Feb 3 10:35:38 PST 2014

Hello makers,
If you haven't already, check out the updated EMS website currently located
at this sandbox site: http://ems.catsylvania.com/. Discuss.

The most notable changes to the website, aside from layout are that the
menu organization has changed and I have revised the wording throughout in
order to make the language more active and accessible to a broader
audience.  I also included additional information where appropriate (for
example, benefits of membership).  My updates and comments have been noted
in purple on Sam's website plan on the wiki: https://www.
eugenemakerspace.com/wiki/Sites/EMSWebsitePlan.

Short list of changes needed:

   - front page photo slider images need resizing
   - donation pledge subscription link is broken
   - crosslinking various pages
   - membership and events subsection needs to be finished (Marie working
   on)
   - update equipment wish list on wiki, link or add info to donate
   subsection
   - front page blogs; create "front page" category to highlight specific
   blog posts
   - tags

I'm going to finish the section I'm working on.  Ben, Sam and anyone else
that wants to work on the website please do.  The main goal is getting the
website to a point where it can be transferred back to the ems address and
replace the old site.

Cheers,

Marie