[EMS Discuss] nitrous oxide

Ben Hallert ben at hallert.net
Thu Feb 13 13:25:23 PST 2014

Give 'em a call?

Checking craigslist, I see some promising results for 'oxygen tank'
including a $60 medical tank and a $35 aircraft O2 tank.  I believe a tank
must have a valid test-stamp on it (they're periodically re-certified as
being able to hold a certain load) so be careful not to save a couple bucks
up front at the risk of needing to buy a spendy certification later before
the nitrous people will fill it.

You might also ask them if a CO2 tank for paintball would be acceptable;
Amazon has 20oz tanks for $20 and up.  A legit nitrous tank will have a
siphon tube so that it will vent liquid instead of gas, not sure how that
applies in this specific use.

- Ben