[EMS Discuss] nitrous oxide

Greg Norman normgr00 at yahoo.com
Thu Feb 13 15:13:34 PST 2014

I have a friend that makes rocket engines with percalsium chloride if you want to go the solid fuel route, AKA flash power. He's the other guy on my pumpkin chunk'in team. I think he made a batch of the stuff using an electrolytic process in his bath tub using a jug of bleach, other chemicals, a car battery charger and copper plates for electrodes. He forms rocket nozzles that stand the heat pretty good with engine gasket putty from a car parts store. ABS is often used for his casings. Some of these rockets were of the size he took out in the desert so they wouldn't hit anything if they failed.

He also makes uhh... we'll call them sonic identifiers out of the stuff. My ears are still ringing.

He would be happy to share what he learned and I can put you in contact if interested. Actually he wants to talk to someone at EMS about quad copters too.

Greg