[EMS Discuss] Vacuum Former Update

Rick Osgood rick at richardosgood.com
Thu Feb 13 20:08:11 PST 2014

I just wanted to send out a quick update about the vacuum former project.
 Tonight we got the vacuum system up and running!  And it works!  It took
about 2-3 minutes to pull a vacuum that registered as 29 inches of mercury!
 (30 is a complete vacuum and he recommends at least 27 for a good vacuum
former system).  It may have pulled more if we let it go longer, but we
didn't test it.

This gives me great hope for our vacuum system. There is a slow leak from
somewhere(s) but I'm not sure it will present a problem since we don't need
the tanks to hold a vacuum for longer than a few seconds.  We might be able
to squeeze a bit more performance out of it if we can fix the leaks though.
 I intend to put up a blog post with some photos and hopefully a video clip
this week.  Keep your eyes peeled.

Next step is to build the front control panel and get everything mounted to
it.  I intend to have this completed by the end of March.

Rick