[EMS Discuss] Vacuum Former Update

Bob Miller kbob at jogger-egg.com
Fri Feb 14 11:13:31 PST 2014

Thin film deposition is another fun thing to do in a vacuum.  You can
make dichroic glass that way, among other things.

Wikipedia mentions that 1.0e-4 Pa is good for vacuum deposition.
Atmospheric pressure is 1.0e+5 Pa, so that's nine orders of magnitude
less pressure.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Evaporation_(deposition)