[EMS Discuss] inertial electrostatic confinement fusion reactor

Tom Conlin tomc at cs.uoregon.edu
Fri Feb 14 11:28:29 PST 2014

Ben
If you ever get serious I can get a hold of
final stages vacuums and maybe the highvoltage
and probably some awesome help.

Rick a hard vacuum has fewer stray atoms in the volume
suction can only go so far then you need tricks like cooling
the atoms so they don't bounce around,
or spraying them with oil that captures the stray atoms then falls down
or good old fashioned hitting them with a bat and knocking them into a
separate containment area.

        ... nice weather  eh?    tomc at cs.uoregon.edu