[EMS Discuss] Makerspace Improvement Day!

Rick Osgood rick at richardosgood.com
Tue Feb 25 09:24:44 PST 2014

*TL;DR: Let's meet this Saturday at 1:00PM to make more improvements to
EMS!*

Last month a bunch of us got together to make improvements to EMS.  This
included:

1. Re-arranging the tables
2. Removing the old, nasty carpet
3. Re-organizing the wood working area
4. Moving the wood storage
5. Making a dedicated space to hold the shop vac and brooms

I'm personally impressed with how good the space still looks after a month
of usage.  It's still very tidy.  Let's keep this ball rolling and meet up
again *this Saturday at 1:00PM *to make even more improvements!  Here are
some ideas of things we can work on:

- Sweep/Vacuum/straighten up any neglected areas
- Recycle the Power Unit from the old server rack
- Prepare the AV cabinet for use with a projector
- Figure out what to do with the mini-fridges
- Make a plan to organize the member storage area in accordance to the EMS
storage policy
- Go through the pick-a-part area and organize it, maybe recycle things we
don't want.

I'm sure there are other things we can do as well, but this is a good list
of things to get us started.  if you plan on attending, please reply to
this thread so we'll have a general idea of how many people will be showing
up.  If you don't reply, please feel free to show up anyway as we can
always use more hands.

Rick