[EMS Discuss] 3D printer

Greg Norman EMAIL HIDDEN
Wed Jan 8 12:12:01 PST 2014

I have used the 3D printer a couple times and it seems the quality of the results are deminishing. On one side of the object being printed and in particular the far corner of that side the filament of plastic is pulled away from its' intended placement.  I suspect a couple possible reasons but don't want to attempt a fix unless the procedure is approved.

I suspect the exterior of the print head may be to dirty (old leftover plastic) and the dirt is draging across the plastic stream.
I would like to clean the exterior with acetone. Does anyone have a problem with that? I don't think acetone would damage it as long as I keep it off the plastic parts and wire insulation.

I also suspect belt tension should be set. Should I do this? I can eyeball it or if we have a spec I can set it to that.

Greg Norman