[EMS Discuss] EMS Event Idea: Kickstarted Panel

Mark Danburg-Wyld danburgwyld at gmail.com
Wed Jan 15 16:59:41 PST 2014

More update on the "Kickstarted Panel": the people I contacted originally
(back in November) are expecting to hear from me again soon - I promised to
contact them in January once I got some of the details nailed down. January
being half-over, almost, I feel the need to get things rolling again.

In consideration of the logistical difficulties of finding chairs,
microphones and speakers, and so forth, not to mention the uncertainty of
the shop's location in the next couple months, I'm proposing to have the
venue be the Eugene Public Library. We can rent a room that seats 50 for
reasonable rates [$25/hour], and that will include the temperature control
and other logistics you'd want. I'll be footing the bill, and so no strain
on EMS budget. I have the room reserved for March 2, 10-noon.

Nothing is set in stone, however, and so I wanted to see if there was
strong objection from anyone for EMS "hosting" the event at the library.

Let me know if you have an opinion on that, and also let me know if you
want to get more involved in making it happen.

Thanks,
Mark