[EMS Discuss] 3d Printing assistant part time paid position
susan at susanrobb.com
Sat Jan 25 09:30:57 PST 2014
SEEKING WILD TIMES STUDIO ASSISTANT
Artist Susan Robb www.susanrobb.com is seeking a part-time, tech-savvy studio assistant to join her Wild Times project team from April-September 2014.
Wild Times merges new media, public engagement, and site responsive art as an invitation to explore wildness as both a geographic ideal and a state of mind. Beginning in mid-April, Susan will embark on a 5-month, 2,650-mile hike from Mexico to Canada. USing the trail as her nomadic studio she will create digital works – photo, 3D, and video files, and periodically send them to a series of West Coast art venues where they will be printed, projected, and installed, evolving into cumulative exhibitions. Venue visitors will serve as collaborators, interacting with the project, with Susan, and with the broader public via the Wild Times website.
Position Summary - 3D Assistant:
The 3D Assistant will aid Susan with the project’s 3D production - printing the objects at the Schneider Museum of Art, Ashland OR. Hours will average 10/week. This is a paid position DOE.
• Receiving cleaned/healed files from Dropbox
• Printing files to spec using Makerbot Replicator at Schneider Museum of Art, Ashland OR up to twice a week during museum hours;
• Interacting with museum visitors to explain and demonstrate 3D printing process;
• Troubleshooting files and Replicator as necessary
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities Required:
• 3D file management and 3D printing (Makerbot Replicator);
• Stellar interpersonal and organizational skills;
• Ability to work independently.
To apply send a digital cover letter including the names of 3 references (two professional, one personal), your resume, and link(s) to your on-line presence to Susan Robb: susan at susanrobb.com by February 14, 2014. You are encouraged to apply early, as applications will be considered as they are received.
-------------- next part --------------
An HTML attachment was scrubbed...
More information about the Discuss