[EMS Discuss] Some tools missing

Rick Osgood rick at eugenemakerspace.com
Mon Jan 27 12:42:43 PST 2014

The large drill press belongs to Tom.  The small one is the one I was
referring too that is now gone.  I believe the large press is designed to
be used more for machining metal, so it would be nice to have another one
that we can use for wood since that seems to be a more common material at
EMS so far.

I agree that some kind of belt/disc sander would be fantastic.

Someone needs to look at the large drill press because that is dangerous
and I feel not appropriate for a place that calls itself a shop.  Is it
possible that the large drill press uses a safety key that must be inserted
into the switch?  Maybe the key fell out and now it's stuck in the "on"
position?  I'll try to remember to look at it on Wednesday when I'm there
but if anyone gets a chance to investigate sooner that would be a good idea.