[EMS Discuss] Some tools missing

Sam Foster sam at sneetchworks.com
Mon Jan 27 13:22:46 PST 2014

On 1/27/2014 12:54 PM, Tom Conlin wrote:
> A broken switch on my drill press is news to me
> there is a (stupid) little red plastic latch thing on the switch
> maybe it is still working fine when switched correctly or maybe the
> plastic latch proved to confounding and someone resorted to brute
> force. I will take a look on Tuesday.
Yeah I tried pulling and also reinserting that little safety plastic
latch, and it still turns on directly when you plugin, and switching
on/off does nothing. I should be in Tuesday too (later) and am happy to
help in any way. Sorry, no clue how or when this became broken. I've not
used it for a couple of months and my memory from then was that the
power switch worked as expected.

FWIW (and I'm happy to be corrected here) there's not really a
difference between wood and metal drill press. The wood ones tend to be
sold with square tables, maybe with fewer gearing options. Clamp a bit
of wood to a large metal drill press like this and you have a great
woodworking machine.

/Sam