[EMS Discuss] Vacuum Former Update

Rick Osgood rick at richardosgood.com
Fri Jun 6 14:50:15 PDT 2014

I am pleased to announced that the vacuum forming machine at EMS is finally
ready for it's very first test form! And we're ahead of schedule! All
systems appear to be working independently. The heater gets hot (REAL hot)
and the vacuum system draws a good, strong vacuum. After over two years of
working on this project, it's finally ready to test!

Cord, Marie, Darrell and I will all be at Open Hack Night on Tuesday night
on June 10th to give it a shot. I wanted to let everyone know in case they
wanted to come down and (hopefully) see it in action.

Knowing how these things go, it's possible we'll run into some kinks that
need to be worked out. But I'm confident we'll at least get one good form
done on Tuesday night before we leave. I also intend to put together an
instruction manual similar to what Marie made for the sewing station. That
way members can feel free to use the vacuum former at their leisure.

Rick