[EMS Discuss] Makerspace Improvement Day!

Weston Turner wstnturner at gmail.com
Sun Mar 2 03:12:33 PST 2014

Oops, pressed send too soon, let me continue.

> Thanks Rick, and all who participated in the shop cleanup and improvement today. The space is really starting to look good and is now even more functional. We have a new routing table thanks to Ben, the server rack is completely gone now (thanks Clif for hauling that to Next Step), we put up shelving for our IT stuff (zero floor footprint so a good use of space), the Pick-a-Part is much more organized and a lot of the junk up there has been removed thanks to Mark, the fridges are located in a much more sensical place and stacked on top of each other (another good use of space), and we have an AV cart just waiting for a projector; so we'll be teaching classes and having member talks just as soon as that element is put in place.

Also, I'm reminding everyone that Mark's Kickstarter talk is tomorrow (okay later this morning) at 10am to 11:30am at the downtown public library. If you haven't heard about it, check out this link and attend to see how you too can get your projects crowd-funded.
http://eugenemakerspace.com/ems-kickstarter-panel-at-the-downtown-library/
Thanks Marie for the great writeup for this event.

And attached are pictures of our neat and tidy little space as of today's cleanup.