[EMS Discuss] [EMS Committee] [EMS Board] Agenda items, and Wallis walk through

Mr. Clif clif at eugeneweb.com
Wed Mar 5 12:48:18 PST 2014

Hi gang,

Ok Tom, Ben, and Sam, and I saw the space and enjoyed talking to the
Realtor who was very nice about it.
Some of us were brainstorming about how to carve off 1000 sqft of
additional quite space for classrooms. It wouldn't be that hard, just
one wall and a ceiling. Which if done right would give us storage on the
top. Then Marie could have large sewing classes etc...

So lets look at what criteria it meets:

* Over 2000 sqft
* In fact enough space for Ben to build his airplane.
* About $1000 / mo
* About 30 - 40% office space some of which we could rent out.
* Two bay doors
* 240V and three phase breakers in the panel.
* Three separate breaker panels with room in them.
* On the bus line.
* Has a deli around the corner.
* A place to launch rockets and fly quad copters. Or go canoing in the
winter. ;-)

Ok Obviously it's not perfect but nothing is. Hey Tom  really likes the
place next to the Kiva, talk about location location location! But no
roll up doors, and the last time I was in there it had a foot of water
in the basement. Seriously if you wait for the perfect place it will be
a long long time...

Now Id'e like to respond to Rick's will written points below. Basically
I feel that we don't have any problems bringing people in. They come by
almost every OHN, and they come during outreach events, This has been
VERY EASY for us to do. The actual problem is keeping them. They look at
what we have and think Meh.... and walk back out.

Yes cleaning it up helped, but I don't think that's enough. I said this
at yesterdays board meeting, We have to make a choice between saving our
bank account for moving into a new space or buying some cool tools that
people will want to use so we can grow our membership. I'm ok with
either way but we can't do both. If we buy tools then we probably can't
move for another year.

     Clif