[EMS Discuss] EMS Video "commercial"?

Marie Slatton-Valle sparkleglitterglow at gmail.com
Wed Mar 5 14:29:34 PST 2014

Great idea Rick!  The EMS website would greatly benefit from a short video
showing who and what we are.  Updated front page pictures are also
definitely needed.  I've been meaning to update them with some photos from
the gallery but haven't had time.  More recent photos would be even
better!!  Also, who is managing the fb page? I haven't seen any posts
recently.  I'm also curious to see if having our logo on the back of the
Trek Theatre playbills has helped increase our spacebook presence.

One way I think we can create an "*EMS experience*" is by offering a
structured and focused Open Hack Night.  As an illustration, let's say, EMS
focuses on Woodworking for one Open Hack Night a month.  We still have the
social structure and also provide guidance for a *small group project* that
someone could finish in that time using our equipment and donated supplies.
 Having a focused night makes it easier to use equipment that otherwise
couldn't be used simultaneously in our cozy space, as well as *shows *future
and current members what can be accomplished as a member, and further
allows them to *interact *with the space.