[EMS Discuss] Maker Space Tour Report

Mark Danburg-Wyld danburgwyld at gmail.com
Sun Mar 30 09:58:15 PDT 2014

Flux is a member dues type org, $50/month, plus $2/month if you're paying
online to cover the paypal fees. Desk rentals are $130/month, if I remember
correctly. They "feel" like a non-profit, but I didn't ask - she mentioned
she was also involved with a space I didn't visit, BrainSilo, which is
(like us) a 501(c)3 through School Factory. Another area I didn't ask, but
I got the impression Flux is in the barely-covering-the-rent phase - around
15 members, only one consistent desk rented.

ADX (for those who don't want to look it up themselves) starts at $50/month
for limited access, at which you also pay $40/day for shop access.
Alternatively, $125/month for evenings/weekends access or $175/month for
full-time access. Extra $250/month gets you a dedicated roughly 400 sq. ft.
for your own stuff. Like I said, geared very much more towards people using
it as a shop co-working space. There are classes and stuff, too, but it's a
spendy proposition.