Board of Directors
Meeting date: 2/06/2013
Call to order:
A Regular meeting of the Board of directors of EMS, was held at 687 McKinley street, Suite #2, Eugene OR on Feb 6th, 2013. The meeting convened at 6:16 PM, Rick Osgood, presiding, and Clif Cox secretary.
Board Members in attendance:
Rick, Clif, Bob, KassieBoard Members not in attendance:
Also Present Were: none
Approve agenda, and previous minutes.
Approval of Agenda:
- Approve the Agenda
- Review Previous meeting minutes
- Discuss member issues
- Debrief of the library event
- Further planning of the Make-o-rama
Motion was made by Rick, and seconded by Bob to approve this meeting's proposed agenda.
Approval of minutes:
Motion was made by Rick, and seconded by Clif to approve the minutes of the 1/16/13 meeting.
- Rick moved, and Bob Seconded: To suspend Ionel's key access with the possibility of review in the future.
Debrief of library event
Lots of fun! EMS members attending were Bob, Cord, Taper, Rick, Mark DW, and James. Rick demoed his 3D printer. Taper and Mark helped kids make rockets, while Bob, and Cord supervised the launching. James demoed his hexapod and let the kids help him strip the servo gears.
Rick also took a few pictures.
Further planing of the Make-o-Rama
Sounds like lots of people are bringing projects, Yea! We need to work on advertising. We should pick someone willing to bring the food. Rick is picking up the pizzas. Bob is volunteering for the junk food.
We need to get the video set up for that too. Bob is bringing his 52 inch TV. We need a greeter, to encourage people to sign up.
The T shirt lady can come on 2/22/13 which is the Open Hack night before the Open House event. Rick checking on what colors she has available.
Other topics of discussion:
Rick was going to suggest having EMS lightning talks on open hack night. Short concise to the point. Perhaps with a projector or white board.
- Take corrective action with Ionel
- Make a list of issues to present to him
- Explain the process as we see it.
- Remove his key access for now.
- Pick up the pizzas, type TBD...
- Check on what other colors the T-shirt lady has available.
- Post a suggestion for EMS lightning talks
- Bob is volunteering to bring the junk food.
- Bob is bringing his 52 inch TV.
Clif moved for adjournment, Seconded by Rick.
Unanimous, the meeting was adjourned at 7:35 PM.
Secretary Date of approval
Eugene Maker Space