Board of Directors
Meeting date: 03/04/2014
Call to order:
A Regular meeting of the Board of directors of EMS, was held at 687 McKinley street, Suite #2, Eugene OR on March fourth , 2014. The meeting convened at 5:06 PM, Weston Turner, presiding, and Clif Cox secretary.
Board Members in attendance:
Board Members not in attendance:
Also Present Were:
Approve agenda, and previous minutes.
Approval of Agenda:
- Approve the agenda
- Review previous meeting minutes
- Reimburse Mark for kickstarter panel costs.
- Select another board member to add to the bank account(s).
- Setting Realistic goals for finding a new space.
- Should we participate at the UofO events these coming weekends?
Motion was made by Weston, and seconded by Kassie to approve this meeting's proposed agenda.
Approval of minutes:
Motion was made by Darrell, and seconded by Weston to approve the minutes of the 02/18/14
Reimburse Mark for kickstarter panel costs:
Some discussion to clarify when and why we would do this.
- Clif moved that, if Mark will submits receipts to us totaling less than $120 for the Kickstarter talk that EMS reimburse him for those. moved, and Darrell Seconded that:
Select another board member to add to the bank account(s):
Talked about what this means and requirements.
- Darrell moved, and Weston Seconded that:Clif be added as a signer on the bank accounts.
Ayes: Darrell, Weston, and Kassie
Setting Realistic goals for finding a new space:
Lots of discussion of course including revisiting what we think our members requirements are. Considering that this space seems to at least partially match and the LOI is not binding we thought it's better to get one in the pipeline.
- Darrell moved, and Weston Seconded that:Clif be empowered to send off an LOI for the 115 Wallis space with an upper limit of $1200 and 18 mo lease.
Should we participate at the UofO events these coming weekends?
The first one of these is in the daytime March 8 11am to 3 pm. It's a SPICE science fair fund raiser, and focused on kids in the atrium at the UofO. The second one is on March 15th at 7pm 11 pm has something to do with the Slug queen, and is more adult in nature.
- Clif moved, and Kassie Seconded that:we participate in at least one of these fund raisers at the UofO for SPICE.
Motion Carried .
- Register us at the UofO SPICE fair.
- Craft an LOI and submit it to the Wallis space Realtor, Done.
Weston moved for adjournment, Seconded by Darrell.
Unanimous, the meeting was adjourned at 6:09PM.
Secretary Date of approval
Eugene Maker Space