Board of Directors
Meeting date: 03/18/2014
Call to order:
A Regular meeting of the Board of directors of EMS, was held at 687 McKinley street, Suite #2, Eugene OR on March 18th, 2014. The meeting convened at 5:17PM, Weston Turner, presiding, and Clif Cox secretary.
Board Members in attendance:
Clif, Darrel, Weston
Board Members not in attendance:
Also Present Were:
Approve agenda, and previous minutes.
Approval of Agenda:
- Approve the agenda
- Review previous meeting minute
- Officer's reports:
- How to get Deeper member data. As in which members have left us, and did we exit interview them why?
- Change meeting time to Monday at 6 pm?
- Review new logos and discuss adoption.
- Discussion of the key-holder/membership relationship, and how it relates to Opportunity Village.
Motion was made by Clif, and seconded by Darrell to approve this meeting's proposed agenda
Approval of minutes:
Motion was made by Weston , and seconded by Clif to approve the minutes of the 03/04/2014
Treasurer, No real change except Clif finally paid up.;-)
How to get Deeper member data. As in which members have left us, and did we exit interview them why?
We think that we need to ask more questions about peoples first impressions, which is lots easier than exit info. Though we could do that too, and will make an effort In the near future. We really need to find the membership forms. Who has them, Kevin?
Change meeting time to Monday at 6 pm?
Some discussion how about how 7:00PM is preferable.
- Weston moved, and Darrell Seconded that:We change the Regular board meeting time to the first and third Mondays of the month at 7:00PM.
Review new logos and discuss adoption.
- Weston moved, and Clif Seconded that We adopt Three of the logos that Jher's friend made for us out of the goodness of his heart. (See attached).
Description: Left most green box, Largest concentric badge like logo, and the green light bulb with the gear in it, but no rays.
Discussion of the key-holder/membership relationship, and how it relates to Opportunity Village.
Opportunity village is a homeless camp, where the members would like to get back on their feet. They would like access to our shop to do simple craft projects that they might be able to sell. We talked about giving out keys to a couple of their supervisors, and perhaps asking them to pay a group rate. We will ask them if something like that would work. They also would like some storage, but that is probably not going to happen. We probably want to ask the membership to weigh in on it before committing.
Other topics of discussion:
Unfortunately we missed the two UofO events that we were hopping to attend. Mostly because we were very busy looking at new spaces and the like.
- Make a group proposal to opportunity village.
Darrell moved for adjournment, Seconded by Weston.
Unanimous, the meeting was adjourned at 6:02 PM.
Secretary Date of approval
Eugene Maker Space