Board of Directors
Meeting date: 6/30//2014
Call to order:
A Special meeting of the Board of directors of EMS, was held at 687 McKinley street, Suite #2, Eugene OR on June 30th , 2014. The meeting convened at 7:42 PM, Weston Turner, presiding, and Clif Cox secretary.
Board Members in attendance:
Board Members not in attendance:
Also Present Were:
Approve agenda, and previous minutes.
Approval of Agenda:
- Approve the agenda
- Review previous meeting minutes
- Treasurers Report
- Opportunity Village follow up.
- Country Fair Booth staffing.
- Discuss new tool purchases
- Revisit the state of the shooting gallery project
Motion was made by Weston, and seconded by Darrell approve this meeting's proposed agenda (as amended?)
Approval of minutes:
Motion was made by Clif , and seconded by Darrell to approve the minutes of the May 5th meeting.
Talled up two weeks ago, a couple of new member sign ups but no dues yet. Lost a couple of members. So slightly in the red month to month at this point. Our balance is somewhere around $3000 in the bank. We have roughly 18 members.
Opportunity Village follow up:
No action as been taken yet but, we should talk to them and see if they are still interested. If so we will bring it to the members for consideration. So we need more info before we can proceed.
Country Fair Booth staffing.
There are some people committed to staffing the booth. etc...
- Darrell moved, and Weston Seconded that:EMS pays for the one volunteer camping pass who has offered to staff our booth for five hours per day over the three day fair.
We also talked about our contingency plan for if he didn't show up. Seems like it will light staffing oh well. Things we should bring:
- Printed parts
- Jeff's robot.
- Rick's printer if it's ok with him.
- Vortex cannon!
- A few locks to pick and bump keys.
- Make Magazines?
- Icandy Books.
- Laptop of Vesa fan-less with videos pre-loaded
Discuss new tool purchases
Well since we are currently in the red rent and utilities wise we should not spend it all in one place!
To be continued later... talked about 3D printers and laser cutters other people have mills...
Revisit the state of the shooting gallery project:
Do we want to try to get it restarted for the Whitaker block parter on Aug 3th? Kassie talked about what the hopes were for the shooting gallery when it was conceived. We talked about giving it a budget to incetivise people. Also find a zero footprint storage option where it was live most of the time.
- Contact the opportunity village people and assess their interest.
- Contact Bob ab out his preloaded videos.
Weston moved for adjournment, Seconded by Kassie.
Unanimous, the meeting was adjourned at 8:42 PM.
Secretary Date of approval
Eugene Maker Space